WHAT IS CROSS DOCKING?
Cross Docking is a logistics process where products are taken from a supplier and then distributed by the carrier directly to the end user or retails outlets with minimal handling or storage time, bypassing your own warehouse or distribution center. Everest Freezers will handle your goods from beginning to end, catering to your needs as required. There are a number of different cross docking scenarios that we can offer.
- Distributor Crossing Docking – Consolidating inbound products from various suppliers into one shipment and delivering to the receiver once the last item has been delivered to our depot
- Retail Cross Docking – A shipment will be delivered to our depot, split, relabeled (if required) and delivered to various customers
- Manufacturing Cross Docking – A shipment of purchased and inbound products are received into the depot that requires assembly. The warehouse can receive the products and start putting the product together for the production order
Through our process, you have full visibility of your shipment throughout the process.
Suitable for Cross Docking
Some products are better suited to cross docking than others. Some of the most common are:
- Perishable items
- Products pre-tagged (bar coded) ready for sale
- Promotional items
- Staple retail products with a constant demand
- Pre-picked, pre-packaged orders from another production plant or warehouse
There are many ways you can benefit from our Cross Docking Service
- Consolidated airfreight/sea freight movement spreads fixed minimum charges across many individual consignment notes
- Document sharing availability ensures bottleneck processes are completed prior to physical movement
- Reducing warehousing costs as the product no longer requires storage/pick and packing services in the warehouse
- Reducing delivery time between you and your customer resulting in improved customer satisfaction
- The combination of our 3PL Solutions, through our unique online portal means that data is entered once only
Other Services (*don't remove)